Monday, February 6, 2012

Iceberg Lotus

I have finally been reunited with my camera! Yay! After wearing For Audrey for a week (or more!!!) I finally changed it up. Though I had a few application problems with For Audrey initially it ended up smooth and beautiful. I absolutely love teals and blues as well as light cremes so it was a big hit for me. After showers and hand washing and just wear in general, I had no chipping and a bit of tip wear, but nothing too bad. Definitely a polish I will be using often.
Anywho, this is about what I'm wearing currently which is Iceberg Lotus from Nicole by OPI. This polish is gorgeous and probably one of my favorites. A gorgeous green teal shade packed with shimmer, and some duo-chrome. As usual with duo-chrome (I thought that was one word but my spell check keeps yelling at me...hmm. I'll just stick with a hyphen for now) the colors are more pronounced on the bottle with green, blue, purple, and even gold. In my opinion, Iceberg Lotus is a perfect peacock polish.


  I'm starting to make a big dent in it! I may need to get a back-up D:

Instead of a more smooth gradient duo-chrome, this polish is more flecked. It's hard to see the gold on the nail, but the blue shows clearly and the purples a bit more shy, but definitely on the nail. Application wise, I find it to be a bit difficult. It's pretty sheer but builds well in 2-4 coats. I have 4 on now because my nails are fairly long and makes VNL more obvious and I like polishes to be opaque. Shorter nails could probably get away with 2-3.  Another issue I find is that it dries at the speed of snail. I did each coat pretty thin and allowed 5-10 minutes of drying time before each coat, but even after quick-dry top coat it still got dents after in hour or so. I have seen other bloggers say this dries fairly quickly for them so maybe it's my bottle? I'm not sure but regardless the wait is worth it for this color for my opinion. The bright flecks and shimmer with the slight color change is super pretty, and you will want to keep looking at your nails. I know I am at least!
But enough blabbering, and on to the pictures :}







Blue shimmah 





Purple :3

 SUPER shimmery in the sun





If you can pick this beauty up, I definitly recommend it! A sheer layer would look nice over other colors, and I really want to see it over black myself. But that's all for now, so until next post. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment