Friday, January 20, 2012

My Lifesaver and first Konad

I had been wanting a pastel creme, so for this manicure I decided on one of my favorites My Lifesaver, from Nicole by OPI. This was released with the Justin Bieber collection, which is no longer on the Nicole by OPI website but I've still seen bottles at stores. This color is a pale teal, close to mint, but with more blue tones. I like the consistency of this one and find it applies well after the first coat, which can be a bit streaky. The second seems to even things out nicely though.
Please excuse the little bit of polish above my middle finger, I didn't even notice it until I was looking at my pictures!

In indoor lighting




 Next to a window with weak natural lighting.

 Then, while I love the color and sometimes enjoy just a plain creme, I could not resist playing with my Konad. I got it for Christmas (and spent all day playing with it!) but I haven't used it in a manicure yet. It took a bit of trying and experimenting but I think I finally got the hang of it :) For the black I used Wet n' Wild Black Creme, and it worked really well. I found the little metal scraper it came with was scratching the plates, so an old gift or credit card worked just fine and didn't scratch.
I used plate m2 and stamped the leafy flower design 2 or 3 times on each nail, and then freehanded a black tip. For my first Konadicure, I'm happy with how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment