Thursday, August 30, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine

I'm sure by now you've all heard about Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. I decided to pick one up for myself and because most of the negative reviews I've heard were about pigmentation, I selected a nice dark shade called 50 Plum Wine.


These blushes have a really odd texture, almost like a less dense play-dough. I haven't tried poking my whole finger in, but pressing lightly on the blush it really does "bounce" back. 






I find just gently swirling my finger on the top of the little dome of blush gets enough product to apply to my cheeks. It's very light weight, and I found Plum Wine to be true to color in it's pigmentation.
On the face, the Dream Bouncy looks very natural, not overly powdery or dewy. However it's down time is in wear, as after about 3-4 hours this is already fading.

Overall I think it's a fun product with a unique texture and decently priced at around $7. I would recommend getting a darker color if you decide to pick one up, as I haven't hear the best about the lighter and these are easy to blend out. If you are willing to take one around for touch-ups or only need color for a few hours I would say this is a good product for a natural, flushed look.

No comments:

Post a Comment