Sunday, September 23, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish Navy Narcissist

The other day I caved at Rite-Aid and picked up one of the new Maybelline Color Show nail polishes. I was particularly interest in the metallic polishes and bought Navy Narcissist. Maybelline also has an eyeshadow duo of the same name, and I noticed other names from their makeup line.

with flash 



As for the polish, the color itself is beautiful. A rich metallic blue that almost glows from within. I would call it more of a dark royal blue than a true navy though. The coverage is amazing too, this polish is so opaque I only needed one coat.

But time for the not so good. First of all this polish is relatively inexpensive at about $3-4, but you are only getting 0.23 fl oz, a bit less than half of what most nail polish have. The formula is just okay, not too thick but be prepared for bald patches when going over the same area twice. And the most noticeable thing for me was the wear time on this polish. I'm not sure if the formula just didn't get along with my base or top coat, but I've never had such bad chipping. After not even an hour I had significant chips along the tips and had not been doing anything that would cause wear like that on my nails. I took a shower with fully dry nails, and after my entire index finger polish came off. It was incredible strange, as it lifted in one whole sheet. That's why I'm thinking it may have been my base coat, or possibly water got in.
I'm definitely going to have to do some experimenting as the color and one-coat coverage is too good for me to just pass on.

Also, I apologize for my bad application in these photos! I was in a hurry and around my cuticles is not very clean.
 




with flash


No comments:

Post a Comment