Sunday, September 30, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games Collection


A bit late but finally got the Hunger Games collection from China Glaze! I ordered all of them from Amazon for about $30.

 Luxe and Lush, Stone Cold, Riveting, Hook and Line, Electrify, Fast Track

Mahogany Magic, Dress Me Up, Harvest Moon, Foie Gras, Agro, Smoke and Ashes

There's 12 polishes in total and each one represents a district from the books. 



Luxe and Lush represents District 1, the district that exports luxury goods. This is a chunky flakey in a clear base. These flakes are larger than a polish like Shine of the Times from Essie and don't lie as flat.




Stone Cold is the polish for District 2, masonry. This is a dark grey pebbled with lighter grey flecks and the only matte polish in the collection.




Riveting represents District 3, technology. This is a bright jelly orange with gold shimmer.





Hook and Line represents the 4th District, which is fishing. This is a sheer silver color leaning more brown than cool. It's a unique color as it's definitely a silver but not metallic or glittery.




 Electrify corresponds to District 5, Panem's main source of power. Electrify is dense gold and red glitter in a clear base.



Fast Track is the polish for District 6, transportation. This is one of my favorites in the collection, another really unique one. I'd describe this as a gold glass flecked beige. Very interesting but still neutral.




Mahogany Magic represents District 7, which exports lumber. This is a brown creme with a hint of yellow green tones. Far from my favorite, I personally find this a gross color. I wish there was more "magic" to it, like a reddish brown shimmer.




Dress Me Up corresponds to District 8, textiles. A muddy mauve creme, this an interesting shade and one I've grown to like.





Harvest Moon represents District 9, grain. This is a gorgeous shimmering burnt orange gold shade. This screams fall and the harvest to me.





Foie Gras corresponds to the 10th District, exporter of livestock. This is a darkened taupe, a deep grey brown creme. 






 Agro is the polish for District 11, agriculture. I didn't find this polish too exciting in the bottle, but it's a whole other story on the nail! A stunning mossy olive green shimmer. This reflects lots of tones in different lights.








And finally, Smoke and Ashes, which corresponds to District 12, the mining district. This one was hard to photograph. A black with gorgeous shimmering blue and green and silver shimmers. One you really have to see in person to get the whole effect.

And a picture of my cotton ball during removal. I thought it showed off Smoke and Ashes shimmer well!

Overall, I think this collection really captures the feel of the Hunger Games and has very nice, smooth formulas. I have to say that there is a few standouts, but this wasn't my favorite collection. The earthy toned polished represent the movie well, but just aren't my favorite shades to wear. I still wanted this collection as I'm a big fan of the series though! I would have loved for a blue, but it's still very nice especially for autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment