Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Smashbox Master Class Eyeshadow Quad

I didn't realize how much of a problem I have with buying eyeshadow quads until I started writing these posts...oops! Well today I have another one to share, and this one is a real winner. The Smashbox Master Class Eyeshadow Quad is available at Sephora for just $10. The quality of these shadows are incredible, so I highly reccommend picking it up.
The Master Class Quad is available in Brown and Hazel, and i got the Brown quad.  On the back it says Ultimate Eyes, so it I'm guessing this is referring to eye color. I have blue eyes and love this all the same though.

The quad comes in black matte packaging with a screw off top.




For the swatches I did two, one on my arm in indoor light, and one on my hand in natural light. I really wanted to do these shadows justice.

The first shade is Ivory, a matte off-white.

Next is Cabernet, a maroon with slight shimmer.

Then is Shimmery Sienna, a bronzey brown shade.

 Last is Matte Navy, a dark navy matte. (as the name would suggest!)

All of these shadows are buttery smooth and richly pigmented. The Navy Matte, which I expected to be patchy, is incredibly soft and opaque. The shades are beautiful and rich and can be used more dramatic or toned down. They all blend flawlessly together when used on the eye. I would have gladly paid twice as much for this quad, $10 really is a steal!

Ivory on the lid with subtle navy in the crease.


Apologies for the bad lighting in the next two looks! Here I used Ivory on the lid, Shimmering Sienna in the crease, and Matte Navy as a liner.


Here, Ivory on the inner lid, and Cabernet in the crease.


And last, Shimmering Sienna on the lid and Matte Navy in the crease.



No comments:

Post a Comment