Tuesday, September 11, 2012

OPI Nicki Minaj Collection

I know I'm a bit late on this collection, but I finally got my hands on the Nicki Minaj OPI polishes. However, I am missing Super Bass Shatter. The store I picked them up at was having a deal and shatter polishes weren't included. I'm not a big fan of "crackle" type polishes anyway, so instead I picked up Just Spotted the Lizard from the Spiderman collection. Swatches of that to come soon, but now for the Nicki Minaj polishes.


Group shot of the polishes!

Pink Friday

Fly

Did It On Em

Save Me

Metallic 4 Life

Pink Friday- 2 coats



Did It on Em- 3 coats



Fly- 3 coats



Metallic 4 Life- 2 coats



Save Me- 2 coats




Pink Friday is a light baby pink creme, leaning on the cooler side. The formula is thick, but opaque in 2 coats. Anymore and it gets a bit gloppy.

Did it On Em is an odd green-yellow shade, with a bit of a jelly feel to it. The consistency is very smooth but has to be built up to be opaque. This color is terribly unflattering on my hands, and makes them look like lobster claws with sickly green nails. Not exactly a cute look.

Fly is a medium blue-teal. It has the same jelly-ness as Did It On Em and the same texture.

Metallic 4 Life is a black jelly packed with silver glitter both small and larger. Really pretty polish.

Save Me has small silver glitter and holo bar glitter suspended in a clear base. This looks amazing in sunlight.

Overall, I feel like this was a really fun and interesting collection. Most of the formulas were really good and easy to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment